As a Personal Trainer one of the most common requests I get from my clients is help losing weight and toning muscles, for this I’ve discovered FIT to be the best method to help achieve these goals.
What is FIT?
FIT stands for Focused Interval Training, which means, to do selected cardio, body weight and resistance exercises for a set amount of time rather than a set number of reps. It is a method of training which not only builds, tones and defines muscles but also creates an intensive fat burn. Interval training stimulates production on the body’s (HGH) levels, the HGH is responsible for increased caloric burn and can slow down the ageing process, both inside and outside of the body! The fat actually continues to burn for up to 24 hours after your session and is proven to be one of the fastest ways to lose body fat!
How could I get more from FIT?
As you are waiting for time to pass rather than counting your reps, you’re likely to do more without even noticing! (Until the next day that is) It has a great psychological effect resulting in you getting the most out of your work out. It’s great fun too!
Still not convinced? Check out some of the top advantages listed below from Health Fitness Revolution:
- Helps build endurance- Focused Interval Training adapts to the cellular structure of muscles which enables you to increase your endurance while doing any type of exercise. “Journal of Physiology,” posted a study where people participated in FIT for eight weeks and the results showed that they had doubled the length of time they could ride a bicycle while keeping the same pace.
- Burns calories and fat in a shorter period of time – FIT is great if you have a limited amount of time to work out. Studies show that 15 minutes of focused interval training burns more calories than jogging on a treadmill for an hour.
- Effective energy use – FIT uses a system of work-hard-then-recovery intervals, alternating between high intensity workouts with short resting periods. Through interval training your body learns how to efficiently use the energy that comes from your body’s energy system. FIT also helps remove toxic wastes from your muscles during the resting periods. Alternating between the exercises also helps you breathe effectively
- Boosts metabolism –The American College of Sports and Medicine said that High Intensity Interval Training helps you consume more oxygen than a non-interval workout routine. The excess amount of oxygen consumed helps increase your rate of metabolism from about 90 minutes to 144 minutes after a session of interval training. Thus the increased metabolism helps burn more calories at a faster rate.
- Burn calories and fat hours after you leave the gym- When participating in such high intensity workouts your body’s repair cycle goes into hyper drive. This means in 24 hours after a FIT workout your body is still burning calories and fat whereas in steady-pace workouts, you may not.
- Lose fat and not muscle –Steady cardio is often associated with losing muscle. FIT workouts, however, combine weight training and effectively allows dieters to preserve their muscle gain while still shedding weight.
- Good for heart health –They say that extreme training helps build extreme results. It’s hard for most people to push themselves to an anaerobic zone where you lose your breath and feel your heart pounding faster and faster. With interval training it’s easier to push yourself to that level because of the rest interval that comes right after you reach that point. This helps keep a healthy heart and helps blood flow effectively throughout your whole body.
- Challenging – FIT workouts offer seasoned workouts a new challenge and beginners a quicker way to see results. You are constantly pushing yourself out of your comfort zone therefore you can never get bored with your workout!
TRUTH Personal trainer